Friday, January 6, 2012

Brightstar's Erotic Fantasy Pt. I

What an eye-catching title. I would totally name the latest chapter this if it had anything to do with the story and also if I still named chapters. I kind of miss doing that, actually; finding a few words to sum up chapters is kinda hard, but also kinda fun. Maybe in my next story I will.

Anyway! As promised, some explaining of Brightstar's sin. Pride is pretty straightforward; Brightstar is haughty and full of herself and completely convinced that she is always in the right and can basically do no wrong. Hers is a selfish sort of pride, though, in that she isn't so proud of her Clan, only of herself and what she has shaped her Clan into. Pride is the sin most commonly featured in literature, such as in works like Paradise Lost. Because of that, I didn't want to focus on Pride too much; it's been done by other authors much more talented than myself. This is why Brightstar, although a leader and the eldest cat, is ultimately a background character amongst the DF cats. As much as she hates it, Chilly and Blight are the ones calling the shots. She's only really relevant when she's causing a fuss, and this of course does little to humble her.

Some of the names of the DF cats are little jokes; Swiftshade for the laziest of the bunch, for example. Shrew's name is also a joke (although I won't say why just yet) and Dapplefern has a joke pertaining to her appearance/sin. Brightstar was the exception; I chose her just because I'm really fond of the name and it kinda popped into my head. It wasn't until I was doing some research for a school project that I remembered Lucifer, who is referred to as the brightest angel (and whose name also deals with the Morning Star), was the greatest victim of pride/hurbris. So lil miss Brightstar's name turned out to be a joke after all, albeit an accidental one. :p

Anyway, enough of my rambling. To the reviews~

@Sara Darkotter: If it was a LOTR quote, it was an unintentional one. I've only read The Hobbit all the way through the end, and I must confess that I'm not really fond of the books. I've never seen the movies, either. |D

@The Last Clan: Yep, it was an exciting chapter for lil Blackpaw! As for her warriorship, we'll see how she does facing off against Leopardpaw. The good thing about Chilly visiting Soot in her dreams instead of dragging her out to the DF is that it means her mind is actually getting some rest, so she should be less tired.

@Nightkill: Swanpaw can kick ass when she's not being a big jerkface. :p

@Zerala: Who doesn't love those kinds of characters? Silly people, that's who!

@Tangleflame: Thanks :)

@Spongestar: I read all of my reviews, and appreciate every single one! I started reading the Warriors series in the fifth grade as well, so I can definitely relate. The first series always made me so excited whenever a new book came out (which was good, cuz my fifth grade sucked |D). Thank you so much, and I'm really glad that I could inspire you! I'm sure your fic will be amazing~

@Nightkill: You don't like Leopardpaw? Gaaaasp. It's understandable since she can be a jerk, but from a writer's perspective she's one of my favorites because she's so fun to write for. Leopardpaw doesn't have any limits when it comes to what she feels like saying, which is awesome. c:

@Sharkfin: Thank you :)

@Nightkill: TLK <33 Bluh, I wish we would get a big snow. I think so far it's snowed about two inches? Probably less than that, since we've only had one decent snow and it barely managed to coat my driveway. Mega sadness. :cc

Will there be a Brightstar's Erotic Fantasty Pt. II?? Stay tuned!
(no there will not this title is silly and i am ashamed of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment