Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beep boop 46

Woot, got a chapter finished several days ahead of schedule! Life is awesome. :p

We might actually have a chance of finishing Chilled before the summer is over, or at least getting close! Here's hoping. <3

Anyway, Sin time.

Dapplefern embodies Envy. She was jealous of Rosedapple for most of her life and always felt under-appreciated, which only intensified when Northstar rejected her for Rosedapple as well. Dapplefern has some deep-seated inferiority issues, and always felt under-appreciated, which led to her switching sides. Pretty straightforward. Also, she's a literal green-eyed monster, haha.

Nettlefrost is Greed. Her ambition drove her to take on every challenge thrown before her, and she also lusted after glory and praise from her Clanmates. However, she was torn between becoming deputy and having a mate. She deluded herself into thinking she could have both, which resulted in her becoming pregnant. Even then, she wasn't willing to choose one or the other, and continued to believe that she could have both without any repercussions. This led to to tragedy when she saw Eagletalon with Maplepelt, resulting in her miscarriage. Rather than give up Eagletalon and focusing solely on becoming deputy, she instead framed Maplepelt as the murderer of her kits, leading to her leaving the Clan. She clung to Eagletalon while also earning the deputyship. However, because she felt she could no longer trust Eagletalon, she wasn't satisfied. She continued to crave glory, and because of this she led many campaigns to earn territory for her Clan, and used other tom to her advantage in order to prove herself. She was never able to overcome her desire for 'more,' even after she fell in battle and went to the Dark Forest. She still craves more life, even though she wasted hers.

So, if you've been keeping track, that leaves Lust and Wrath for Chilly and Blight. Which is which? Who knows? o:

Also, have I ever told you guys how much I love theories? Like I really, really do. Theories are my favorite things to read about; the idea of creating a story complex enough to leave multiple readers theorizing about multiple plotlines and coming up with multiple conclusions is amazing to me, especially when you guys all tag on evidence and stuff. It makes me sniffle a bit. :')

@Sara Darkotter: Ooh, nice long review. Leopardpaw seems to be a bit of a mystifying character, to the other characters and to readers, haha. You're right about her growing up in the city; her attitude (and a few of her comments about city cats) hint towards that. Interesting interpretation of the Baron/Fern convo; Leopardpaw is certainly a character that would make sense for being connected, what with her sneaky demeanor and all. But what purpose would such a spy serve? The Clanners aren't up to much, really, not with the sickness diverting their attention. (When you mentioned the vagueness thing, I was considering just saying 'Maybe' for my whole response, haha :D)

@Jack Holmes: Neat theory about Carmelo and Leopardpaw, and interesting point about Flicka, since we haven't seen her for a very long time and she's only been mentioned here and there. We might be seeing more of her soon. I'm curious, where does Maggot fit into your theory? He's been out of the spotlight for a long time too, but might come into relevance again. Also, you have a ton of respect from me for writing all that on a touchscreen, haha. I hate using those to write out anything longer than a couple sentences. :)

@Lynxeye: Maybe she's just a moderately evil jerk, ha. She seems to be one of my more perplexing characters, since her allegiances are difficult to pin down and she's always sneaking around. Glad you like her! As for Jag, we'll just have to wait and see. I suppose my character-killing habits are a little excessive sometimes, though, but I have to make up for all those years where I never killed off any rping characters (I used to have over a hundred and forty in one place, and only two of them died in role-play, haha. I was too attached).

@Ranger of the Forest: Yup, Sootpaw did get angry for once, but in the end she was complacent with Bluepaw taking all the credit, unfortunately. As for Bluepaw, you're right, it was selfish of her; Bluepaw actually has some self-esteem issues, as we saw in that chapter, since StarClan bascially took no notice of her until she came back with that prophecy. She's a little attention-starved, since Bramblethorn was sort of her father and he died and all.

Ha, I'm the same was as Spiderpaw in that regard. There are very few people that I legitimately hate, but I'm kind of judgmental in real life, so I dislike plenty of them. I'm glad you like how I portray Clan life; I do like dramatics now and then, but I think the Clan dynamic is pretty interesting in itself, and it's been awhile since I was actually able to explore a Clan setting (the Clan was too new in Shattered, same for Snatched, and JtR didn't have a Clan at all) so I'm enjoying myself there. Thank you. :)

@Justsmile: Thanks, glad you like him! Yup, Leopardpaw has that skill of being able to reveal a bit more of herself and still being able to leave everyone in complete confusion, haha. She's a hard-to-pin-down kind of kitty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment